Like all things, gym mats have a limited life expectancy. No matter how carefully you maintain these installations, you will have to eventually replace the surface and install a fresh layer of gym mat in your establishment. At Ezy Mats, we encourage our customers to keep an eye on the mats and replace them when they notice the wear and tear has made the mats useless and tough. Here are some suggestions regarding gym mats that can help ensure you have the best flooring at all times:
- Maintain the Surface
If you want your gym mats to last for a long time, you need to maintain the surface well. These mats endure a considerable amount of wear and tear, especially if they’re placed in a public gym. Proper maintenance can extend the surface’s lifespan so you might not need to replace the mat for a long time. Here are some of the steps you should take to maintain your mats:
- Sweep the surface regularly.
- Use a neutral pH cleanser and disinfect.
- Clean underneath the mat regularly.
- Don’t drop heavy or sharp items on the surface.
- Don’t use corrosive cleaners on the gym mats.
- Don’t wear shoes with rubber soles or heels and walk on the surface.
If you follow these steps, you won’t need to replace the mat for quite some time. These mats are durable and designed to withstand gym environments.
- Consider the Warranty
Our mats come with 12 months of warranty and if the mats deteriorate abnormally during this time, we will replace them. All you need to do is take pictures of the mat and send it to us so we can determine whether the problem is due to a manufacturing defect or because of misuse. If we determine that the problem was caused by a manufacturing defect, we will replace the damaged mat. If the damage is determined to be due to misuse, we will inform you promptly.
- When To Replace?
If you own a commercial gym and use the mats on your premises, it’s not a good idea to replace the gym mats as soon as you spot signs of excessive damage. The mats will naturally change shape and form due to temperature and wear after it’s installed and that’s no cause of alarm. However, if you see these problems, you need to change them:
- There are visible dents and holes in the mat.
- Colour had faded or worn off completely in some areas.
- The mat has become too stuff and doesn’t provide enough protection against impact.
- The individual pieces of the mat are curling and coming off at the corners.
- The floor material has started to flake and break off.
You don’t need to look elsewhere for excellent quality gym mats. We at Ezy Mats have a large collection of them and you can get in touch with us at (02) 97187424 or contact us through this form if you want to know more.